Always look for 3 sites to cross-check information, especially if you do not use one of the commercial encyclopaedias. Be fair in your use (quote and reference your sources) and look for released information that you can use.
- Creative Commons Search (Images and Information)
- Te Ara NZ Encyclopaedia
- Wikipedia (Check your information against other sites as it is a Wiki)
- Britannica K8 Online Encyclopaedia (your teacher has passwords)
- All other Epic Databases (your teacher has passwords)
- Google Search choosing good key words
For those with a mac you can put searching in the fast lane by working out how to use Alfred (a freeware software search engine installed on your harddrive or downloadable here